Exhibits Collection Photos Contributions Events Members Area Store Visitor Info Links
Thaden Office & Library Beech Hangar Beech Gallery & Chapel Ross Restoration Center York Technical Library
Beech Center Cianchette Hangar Bonanza/Baron Museum
Home > Exhibits
 
O. A. Beech Gallery and Chapel
On June 13, 1981, during the Annual Convention, the O.A. Beech Gallery and Chapel was dedicated with Mrs. Beech and her family in attendance. The ceremony culminated in a diamond-formation fly-over of four Beechcraft Staggerwings as Mrs. Beech and W.C. Yarbrough, President unveiled the dedication plaque on the outside of the building.

The 1500 square foot building, constructed of brick and hand-hewn logs, carpeted in pale blue, and paneled with Tennessee red cedar, features a collection of paintings and photographs of Mrs. Beech at various points in her illustrious career. She is a former chairman of Beech Aircraft Corporation, a member of the Aviation Hall of Fame, and the first woman to receive the coveted Wright Brothers Memorial Trophy.

The building is a multi-purpose structure, serving also as a theater and meeting room for various aviation functions associated with the museum. Rev. Richard Stouffer conducted the first services in the Chapel on Sunday morning, June 14, 1981.

 
Additional Photos



 
Staggerwing Museum
P.O. Box 550 - Tullahoma, TN 37388
P:(931)455-1974 - F:(931)455-1994
museuminfo@staggerwing.com
 
• • © 2005 Staggerwing Museum All Rights Reserved• •
Please send Questions/Comments to web-master@staggerwing.com